printed sensors made of silicone
3D printed sensor based on ACEO® multi-material 3D printing technology
Sensors are an essential component of intelligent and connected systems.
enders presents a new type of sensor.
the pictures show a demo setup with the following features
- the sensor membrane in the cartwheel design can only be produced by additive manufacturing due to the geometric properties and the integrated conductor path.
- 2 materials are printed simultaneously using ACEO® multi-material 3D printing technology
- black material: electrically conductive silicone
- transparent material: ACEO® GP Silicone
- high flexibility and robustness of the sensor due to the material properties of silicone
the principle of action
- By pressing the diaphragm the complete component deforms.
- With the change in length in the spoke, the electrical resistance of the printed line changes.
- A colour signal proportional to the compressive force is indicated via the LED display.
The demonstrator will be presented at formnext 2018 at Wacker Chemie AG (3.1-A89).
This is within the scope of development of enders
- design and development of the sensor membrane
- development of the electrical contacting of the conductor path in silicone
- mechanical development of the superstructure
- development of the electronics for the evaluation of the sensor and control of the LED bars
- installation and initiation of the "Demonstrator" system module
Contact Mr. Michael Arnold per E-Mail or Phone +49 871 95361 315, he will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Here you can download the demonstrator trial video and ACEO's press release in PDF format: